U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
EEO-1 SURVEY FACT SHEET FOR FILERS
- The EEO-1 Report is to be submitted and certified by Monday, September 30th, 2013.
- Single-establishment companies file a type/status 1 report only.
- Multi-establishment companies have to file three or more report types:
- Consolidated Report (type 2)-must include all employees of the company categorized by race, gender, and job category.
- Headquarters Report (type 3)-must include all employees that work at or report to the main office site of the company. Employment data must be categorized by race, gender, and job category. A
separate EEO-1 report is required for the HQ establishment even if there are fewer than 50 employees that work there. HQ reports are allowed to have 0 employment.
- Sites with more than 50 employees-type/status 4 report also called an establishment report must be submitted for each location with 50 or more
employees. Employment data must be categorized by race, gender, and job category.
- Sites with fewer than 50 employees-
- Type/Status 6-establishment list-establishment name, address and total number of employees for each location with less than 50 employees
- Type/Status 8-employment data for each location must be categorized by race, gender, and job category.
Type 6 reports require you to MANUALLY enter categorized employment data into the consolidated report, whereas type 8 reports will update it automatically for you.
- Certification of the EEO-1 report is absolutely essential. Without certifying your report, you will be sent a violation notice.
- When completing the EEO-1, use data from only one pay period and include both part-time and full-time employees. The survey does not require applicant data.
- When you finish your EEO-1, please don't forget to print or save a .pdf copy for your company's records.
- The preferred method of identification for the race/ethnicity categorization of employment data is self-identification. Employers are required to attempt to allow employees to use
self-identification to complete the EEO-1. If employees do not self-identify, the company must report employees using visual observation.
- Returning filers: please be advised that all passwords have been reset since last year.
- If you cannot find your Login ID or password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of the EEO-1 online is highly preferred and all data is encrypted, ensuring your security.
If your company would like for ORIP/EEOC to provide training on the EEO-1 survey, please contact the EEO-1 Joint Reporting Committee at 1-866-286-6440 (toll-free) or email email@example.com Subject: Training