Jobs and Internships at EEOC
EEOC hires in many locations around the country for investigators, mediators, attorneys and administrative and clerical positions. See USAJobs.Gov for a list of current vacancies.
Employment Opportunities at EEOC include:
- Investigators who perform work involving the handling of inquiries and complaints of employment discrimination under the federal statutes enforced by the EEOC.
- General Attorney, Trial Attorney, Administrative Judge and Law Clerk positions handling civil rights cases and appeals.
- Mediators who process charges through the Alternative Dispute Resolution process to settlement.
- Administrative and Clerical support positions handling incoming phone calls, correspondence and document management.
- Senior Executive Service (SES) positions including most managerial, supervisory, and policy positions classified above General Schedule (GS) grade 15 or equivalent positions.
- In addition, EEOC hires Information Technology Specialists, Program Analysts, Management Analysts and more...
Bilingual skills in any of these occupations are often desired.
Applying for a Job
EEOC's job vacancies are listed at USAJOBS, the official job site of the US Federal Government, along with information on
how to apply.
Internships at EEOC
Many EEOC offices have internships available throughout the year.
EEOC's 2010 Hiring Reform Action Plan
EEOC's Internal EEO Program
Employees and applicants for employment with the EEOC who believe that they have been discriminated against by an EEOC employment decision because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or reprisal may
pursue such claims through the discrimination complaint process administered by the EEOC's Office of Equal Opportunity.