Meeting of June 22, 2011 - Disparate Treatment in 21st Century Hiring Decisions
The Commission will hold open the June 22 Commission meeting record for 15 days, and invites audience members, as well as other members of the public, to submit written comments on any issues or matters discussed at the meeting. Public comments may be mailed to Commission Meeting, EEOC Executive Officer, 131 M Street, N.E., Washington, D.C. 20507, or emailed to Commissionmeetingcomments@eeoc.gov. All comments received will be made available to members of the Commission and to Commission staff working on the matters discussed at the meeting. Comments will also be placed in the EEOC library for public review.
Agenda Open Session
- Announcement of Notation Votes, and
- EEOC to Examine Disparate Treatment in Hiring - Invited Panelist
Panel 1: Synopsis of Disparate Treatment in Hiring
- Katharine W. Kores, District Director, EEOC Memphis District Office
- Bill Lann Lee, Plaintiff Employment Law Expert, Lewis, Feinberg, Lee, Renaker, & Jackson, P.C.
- Grace E. Speights, Defense Employment Law Expert, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Panel 2: EEOC’s Litigation
- Kate Boehringer, Supervisory Trial Attorney, EEOC Baltimore Field Office
- Ana Lopez, Charging Party/Class Member, EEOC v. Area Temps, Inc.
- Diane Smason, Supervisory Trial Attorney, EEOC Chicago District Office
- Jeannette Wilkins, Charging Party/Class Member, EEOC v. Scrub, Inc.
Panel 3: Overview of Hiring Discrimination Research & Training
- Marc Bendick, Employment Discrimination Researcher, Bendick & Egan Economic Consultants, Inc.
- Rae T. Vann, General Counsel, Equal Employment Advisory Council