THE 2017 EEO-1 SURVEY IS OPEN
The Employer Information Report EEO-1, otherwise known as the EEO-1 Report, is required to be filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's EEO-1 Joint Reporting Committee. Reports must be submitted and certified by MARCH 31, 2018 at the latest.
****BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR AN EBLAST SENT TO THE EEO-1 COMPANY CONTACT INTRODUCING THE NEW EEO-1 SURVEY APPLICATION. IT IS NOT SPAM AND ANY QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO 1-877-392-4647.****
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR 2016 PASSWORD WILL NOT WORK FOR THE 2017 EEO-1 SURVEY
Company Contact Changes
If your EEO-1 contact person has changed, submit a letter on company letterhead signed by an authorized company representative, indicating the new contact's name, title, phone number and email address to the EEO-1 Joint Reporting Committee (JRC) at E1.TECHASSISTANCE@EEOC.GOV. Please remember to include your company number (if known) in your request.
Filing the EEO-1
- The preferred method for filing the EEO-1 survey is through the online filing application.
- 2017 filers should receive their company's 2017 annual Notification Letter by mail no later than January 29.
How to Login
- Enter your Company number contained in the annual Notification Letter and your company EEO-1 contact's email address to obtain your password from the login screen.
- Companies are now able to obtain and reset their passwords here: https://egov.eeoc.gov/eeo1/login.jsp
- The requirement for providing the employer identification number (EIN) for each establishment location will be more carefully monitored.
- Company establishments with same address, NAICS Code and EIN must be combined into one establishment record.
FOR MERGERS WHICH OCCURRED AFTER SEPTEMBER 30, 2016: PLEASE SEND EMAIL NOTIFICATION TO:
Your email should include the names and company numbers (if known) of all companies affected by the merger, the name and address of the corporate headquarters and the name of the new company.
FOR ACQUISITIONS WHICH OCCURRED AFTER SEPTEMBER 30, 2016: PLEASE SEND EMAIL NOTIFICATION TO:
Your email should include the name, address, and company number of both the acquiring and the acquired companies. If a company acquired a small company that otherwise would not be required to file the EEO-1 report, or a company that has not previously filed the EEO-1 report, the acquiring company may proceed with adding the establishment(s) and filing for the new employees.
IF YOUR COMPANY EXPERIENCED A SPIN-OFF AFTER SEPTEMBER 30, 2016: PLEASE SEND EMAIL NOTIFICATION TO:
Your email should include the name, address, and company number (if known) of the current parent company. Additionally, please include the establishment considered to be the new headquarters that should be spun off in the employer EEO-1 database with a list of all physical addresses for the new company.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING EEO-1 FILING, PLEASE REFER TO OUR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
FOR KEY TERMS AND DEFINITIONS USED, PLEASE REFER TO KEY TERMINOLOGY and DEFINITIONS:
IF YOU STILL HAVE AN EEO-1 FILING QUESTIONS, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO:
TO REQUEST A ONE-TIME 30-DAY EXTENSION PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO:
A one-time 30-DAY extension will be granted after email has been sent. There is no need to wait for a response from the EEO-1 Joint Reporting Committee (JRC). Please proceed with the online filing process.
- Your company number should be provided with all emails.
- No extensions will be granted after March 31.
- Save a PDF copy of your company's EEO-1 report as soon as the report has been submitted and certified
- Bookmark the EEO-1 Survey Page: www.eeoc.gov/eeo1survey, where updated information may be found.
Transferred data is encrypted, assuring company privacy.